格林纳达致力于保护海洋遗产 - 海洋遗产保护政策

[复制链接]
4 e" u1 G* }* j

$ i: S# P* Z$ V* B" ?" R! ~/ m( @

迪肯·米切尔总理在希腊出席“我们的海洋”会议上的讲话

# `) L: e# v& T& ?( p( I

格林纳达总理迪肯·米切尔告诉国际社会,格林纳达致力于保护其海洋遗产,推进其专属经济区的可持续发展。

' R( T. N, a* H( \! Y" X

在这一各国元首参加的高级别会议上,他告诉在希腊举行的第九届“我们的海洋”会议代表们,格林纳达“将继续纳入艰巨的国际可持续计划作为优先事项,正是我们承诺中的重要部分。”

3 i* v$ G! \' \* z \6 Y3 n; I

米切尔总理呼应了加勒比地区的“集体声音”,这些国家的特点已深深织入了加勒比海和大西洋的锦绣之中,他重申了多米尼加总理罗斯福·斯凯里特的立场,即世界上毫无疑问存在着一场环境危机,但小岛屿发展中国家正在承受其后果。“在某种程度上,我们像是对皈依者传教,因为……我们显然比以往任何时候都更加努力应对气候变化、自然和生物多样性丧失以及污染的后果。”他说道。

8 W( O* k) C% w: }8 W m

米切尔说,面对这些挑战,格林纳达多年来实施了许多倡议。他说:“例如,我将分享我们的综合沿海地区管理政策、我们的《不可生物降解废物控制法》、我们对一次性塑料的禁令以及我们的蓝色经济路线图。”

9 Q% |' r* Y; Q1 x9 I2 B

他说,这些举措“证明了我们对海洋资源可持续利用和发展的坚定承诺”,同时也意味着加强国家沿海的复原力,包括在珊瑚恢复和可持续渔业管理方面的共同努力。

' Z4 P) j; m% b: d

米切尔重申格林纳达对多边主义的承诺,“在解决我们海洋面临的多重危机方面,但作为岛国,我们需要制造这场危机的大型陆地国家,与我们携手应对这些挑战。”

7 B; C1 v) F& ^+ e! A8 g8 l

4月16日至17日在希腊雅典举行的2024年会议被描述为一个里程碑式的事件,旨在动员和参与我们社会的所有主要利益攸关方,以造福当今和子孙后代,会议涉及海洋保护区、可持续蓝色经济、气候变化、海上安全、可持续渔业和海洋保护。讨论的议题包括“绿色航运”、“应对塑料污染”、“海洋生物多样性保护”和“海洋保护区的有效管理”。

, x' J, H" L; Z% i

与会代表为应对世界面临的共同挑战提出了创新思路。会议旨在重申对可持续蓝色经济的承诺,平衡经济增长、社会凝聚力和海洋环境保护,同时应对生物多样性丧失、不可持续捕捞、海洋污染(尤其是塑料污染)和不可持续海运等关键挑战。

0 e( K- b% I& ?8 p; | K

蓝色经济顾问杰里·埃诺陪同总理出席了会议。

3 t" {0 {; ?- c# Q, Q8 n

Grenada committed to preserving marine heritage

3 g/ i9 y% G4 k& B* T( p

& K; f; o' S' |$ b3 O1 {( g w5 E

PM Dickon Mitchell addressing Our Ocean Conference, Greece.

9 Z" j4 P7 _8 \: h: m9 b* F

Prime Minister Dickon Mitchell has told the international community that Grenada is committed to preserving its marine heritage and advancing the sustainable development of its exclusive economic zone.

% s4 d9 j: S; f* d

In a high-level segment with the participation of heads of states, he told delegates at the 9th Our Ocean Conference in Greece, that Grenada “made it a priority to continue to incorporate ambitious international sustainable plans as part of our commitment.”

) ^' t9 h l! w' V6 t% j

Echoing “the collective voices” of the Caribbean region whose identities are deeply woven into tapestry of the Caribbean Sea and the Atlantic Ocean, Prime Minister Mitchell reiterated Dominica’s Prime Minister Roosevelt Skerrit’s position that there is without a doubt an environmental crisis in the world, but Small Island Developing States (SIDS) are dealing with the consequences. “To some extent we are preaching to the converted because…we are clearly the ones grappling more than ever with the consequences of climate change, nature and biodiversity loss and pollution,” he said.

* i/ c3 q& j5 o g4 {

Mitchell said in the face of those challenges, Grenada over the years has implemented many initiatives. “I share for example our integrated coastal zone management policy, our Non-Biodegradable Waste Control Act, our ban on single use plastics and our Blue Economy roadmap,” he said.

4 H0 ?' {8 w$ _ L$ F" b

These initiatives, he said, “are testament to our unwavering commitment to the sustainable utilisation and development of our marine resources” and are also meant to fortify the country’s coastal resilience including concerted efforts in coral restoration and sustainable fisheries management.

0 ?, O. T1 B/ O) \

Mitchell reaffirmed Grenada’s commitment to multilateralism “in tackling the multiple crises facing our oceans, but as big island states we need the large land countries, creating this crisis to work hand in hand with us to tackle these challenges.”

# i3 D e! H3 @( y- p3 s

The 2024 Conference held in Athens, Greece on 16–17 April is described as a milestone event that seeks to mobilise and engage all major stakeholders in our societies for the benefit of present and future generations, with sessions on Marine Protected Areas, Sustainable Blue Economies, Climate Change, Maritime Security, Sustainable fisheries, and Marine Protection. Topics discussed included “Greening of the Shipping Sector,” Confronting Plastic Pollution”; “Protection of Marine Biodiversity” and “Effective management of marine protected areas.”

- A7 K" J9 ]2 t- B3 f

Participants put forward innovative ideas to address the common challenges facing the world. The conference aims to reaffirm the commitment towards a sustainable Blue Economy, balancing economic growth, social cohesion, and the protection of the marine environment while addressing key challenges such as biodiversity loss, unsustainable fishing, marine pollution, especially from plastics, and unsustainable maritime transportation.

. J$ I/ I5 n* O3 B

Jerry Enoe, Advisor for the Blue Economy, accompanied the Prime Minister to the conference.

- |. n) W6 O6 h7 M

编译:格林纳达驻华大使馆

6 O N- _& O7 f w- ]" y% Y

" j! w8 F9 F7 r4 F8 g* ], N# H( p1 s$ Q2 G8 j- q. G: M 5 k) A3 H) K( j) W) V4 V5 K 7 t7 F7 g8 }) j , w+ e6 _4 g* F( v, p) i
回复

举报 使用道具

相关帖子

全部回帖
暂无回帖,快来参与回复吧
懒得打字?点击右侧快捷回复 【吾爱海洋论坛发文有奖】
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册
恒厚
活跃在2024-9-13
快速回复 返回顶部 返回列表